Wednesday, November 9, 2011

By Way of Introduction . . .

I have been a gamer for a long time.
Now I am a father, a student, a teacher and a researcher.  I spend a lot of my time reading and writing in my chosen field, and trying (sometimes desperately) to complete my graduate program.  But I am still a gamer.  I rest my brain by dreaming about adventures, making impossible characters and impossible worlds for them to live in, and rolling a lot of dice.
That's what this blog is about.  My life is exciting and boring in equal measure, but I am not going to write about that.  No coherent life story here (or at least not mine), and no catalog of my daily comings and goings.  Just a place to put my writing, my scheming, my thoughts on games both digital and pen-&-paper.  It's hard to be nerdy in public, or dump one's private mental life on to the web.  But I'm gonna try it.  Maybe it'll improve my writing, it will certainly be an interesting experiment for me, and maybe it'll amuse somebody.  I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment